Heartless
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heartless forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Heartless
Profile Guidelines I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 5:09 pm by Admin

» Here Are The Rules
Profile Guidelines I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:53 pm by Admin

» Profile Guidelines
Profile Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:12 pm by Admin

Forum
Poll

Profile Guidelines

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Profile Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Profile Guidelines   Profile Guidelines I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:12 pm

These are pretty simple things to follow but should be said anyway.

Before you roleplay, you must create a character to roleplay as. In order to do this you need to create one into a profile.

Now, how does one do this?

First off, every person who wishes to roleplay is given their very own topic in the profiles. This is for you to create and edit any of your characters. You must create your own topic, with a title that will make sure people who read your profiles, know they are yours. For example, if I was to create a topic for my characters, I would title it, "Exire's Profiles" or something along those lines. Including your username somewhere in the title should go without saying.

With your own topic, each post of yours is a different character. If you wish to edit any of your characters, simply use the edit button at the bottom of a particular post to do so. If you no longer want to use a character, you may ask one of the staff to delete the character for you.

So, how do I actually MAKE one of these things?

It's quite simple really. There are certain basics that you need to have to make a proper profile. If you've never done it before, I have a simple outline to follow, just plug in the data for your character. People may also feel free to add different parts to their profile as they see fit. The outline below is just that, only an outline. But it should be a bare minimum of what to include.

Name:

Race:

Position:

Alignment:

Weapon:

Abilities:

Physical Description:

Personality:

History:

Is there anything else I should know about?

Before you jump right into a roleplay, there is one other very important thing to do. You should place links into your signature which lead back to your characters individual profiles. Sounds complicated with all of that html business? It really isn't. People can get confused though, so I will provide a step by step to do it.

1.) First is copying the url to your characters. The url to copy is not what is in the bar at the top of your screen. At the top right corner of every single post is a little number that you can click. Click it. This gives you a different url, this url leads back to your POST not your topic. So when you link back no one has to scroll around to look for that character.

2.) You have copied the url of your post, which I just told you about. If you haven't yet, do it now.

3.) Now, go into your control panel and go where you insert your signature. Above the signature box are various buttons. Find the one that says "Insert Link". It's the button that has a picture of the world with a link in front of it.

4.) Click on the button. A smaller box will now appear asking you to insert a url. Paste the url you copied earlier into the box. Make sure you delete the http inside the box before you paste. It is a common mistake.

5.) Now click ok and the code will be put in your signature box. Now you will see what looks to be two url addresses. The second one is actually what the link will be shown. So, delete what looks to be the second url and put in your characters name.

You're done! Now you will have your character's name in your link which leads to that very same character, no scrolling necessary! It's a beautiful thing. Quite simple but it can be a bit tricky if you've never done it before. It's something I feel all roleplayers should be in the habit of doing. It is best to do it when you just finish a profile since you will be nagged about not having it.
Back to top Go down
http://heartlesswings.webs.com/

Profile Guidelines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heartless :: Creative Lounge :: Roleplay-
Jump to: